PRESS RELEASE 4 April 2019
Cape Town, 4 April 2019: The BETADINE® Antiseptic and Daily Intimate Care ranges have both been voted ‘Product of the Year 2019’ in the South AfricanConsumer Survey of Product Innovation, following a survey of 4,000 South African households by Nielsen.
BETADINE® is an important and well-established consumer healthcare brand within Mundipharma South Africa’s wider portfolio. It has been used by hospitals, doctors and consumers around the world for over 55 years
The BETADINE® portfolio comprises a comprehensive range of products in the Wound Care, Oral Care, Scalp Care and Feminine Care categories, which are available over the counter in pharmacies and are used in hospitals.
BETADINE® Antiseptics, which contain the active ingredient povidone-iodine (PVP-I), have been proven to kill bacteria, fungi and viruses that cause the spread of infectious diseases.1-3
BETADINE® products that contain PVP-I are available in a number of different formulations but all have the same purpose – to provide broad‐spectrum protection and support against infections1-3 – and can be important components in families’ first aid kits and medicine cabinets.
The recent launch of the BETADINE™ Daily Intimate Care range represents the brand’s expansion into the feminine care category in South Africa. The range comprises three unique products – Intimate Foam, Intimate Wash and Intimate Wipes – which provide daily protection from unwanted symptoms associated with pH imbalance, such as odour, itch or irritation.4
Made from all-natural ingredients, including prebiotics, and with a unique TRI-CARE+™ formulation, BETADINE™ Daily Intimate Care products provide women with gentle protection all day long.4-8
Mundipharma South Africa General Manager, Shannon te Roller, said: “Following the establishment of Mundipharma South Africa in 2011, we took back control of the BETADINE® brand in 2014 and have been actively building and expanding the brand since then. The fact that BETADINE® has been voted ‘Product of the Year’ in two categories by consumers is a testament to both the work that we’ve put in and the quality of the products.
“Historically, BETADINE® has been recognized as a successful high-quality treatment brand. 2018 was milestone in terms of moving into the daily care space – Mundipharma introduced the BETADINE™ Intimate Cleansers range line of cosmetic products designed specifically for daily intimate hygiene needs of South African Women”. Its immediate success is very pleasing.”
®: BETADINE is a Registered Trademark
™: TRI-CARE+ is a Trademark of Mundipharma
For more information, please visit: https://betadine.co.za/
Shannon te Roller
General Manager Mundipharma (Pty) Ltd
- Bigliardi PL et al. Povidone iodine in wound healing: A review of current concepts and Practices. International Journal of Surgery 2017;44:260-268.
- Kanagalingam Practical use of povidone-iodine antiseptic in the maintenance of oral health and in the prevention and treatment of common oropharyngeal infections. Int J Clin Pract. 2015;69(11): 1247–1256.
- Lachapelle J-M. et al. Antiseptics in the era of bacterial resistance: a focus on povidone iodine. Clin. Pract. 2013;10(5):579–592.
- BETADINE® Feminine Wash Foam. Product label.
- Data on File. SyriCalm CLR (PC). Chemisches Laboratorium.
- DeoPlex® Natural Deodorizing Active. Carrubba. Available at: https://carrubba.com/deoplex-and-deoplex-organic/ Accessed February 2018.
- Viegas DA, Palmera-deoliveira A, Salgueiro L, Martinez-de-Oliveira J, et al. Helichrysum italicum: From traditional use to scientific data. J Ethnopharmacol 2014; 151(1): 54-65.
- BioLin Cosmetic Prebiotic. Gova Ingredients Research and Trading.
S0 Betadine® Antiseptic Ointment. Contains povidone-iodine 10 % w/w.
Reference No. G1574 (Act 101/1965).
S0 Betadine® Antiseptic Solution. Contains povidone-iodine 10 % w/v.
Reference No. G1570 (Act 101/1965).
S0 Betadine® First Aid Cream. Contains povidone-iodine 5 % w/w.
Registration No. 27/13.1/0062.
S0 Betadine® Medicated Shampoo. Contains povidone-iodine 4 % w/v.
Reference No. G1572 (Act 101/1965).
S0 Betadine® Mouthwash & Gargle. Contains povidone-iodine 1 % w/v.
Contains ethanol. Registration No. C/16.4/142.
Please refer to the package inserts for full prescribing information.
Rosemary Hare Public Relations
38 Strathmore Road
ON BEHALF OF
Mundipharma (Pty) Ltd.
2nd floor Mariendahl House
Newlands on Main
For further information, please contact Rosemary Hare on 082 459 6226 or firstname.lastname@example.org